Monday, April 15, 2013

Ocean 60

What's better than 80 degree weather in Florida? Enjoying the 80 degree weather by the beach! 

The more I get to know Florida, the more I realize that I live in such an awesome place- the beach is only minutes away! 

I love taking visitors to the beach to relax and get some dinner- the vibe is great and I love the choices of restaurants!

Eric came to visit for some job opportunities and we decided to head to the beach for some dinner at Ocean 60. I've been here on a few occasions, and I've always enjoyed their changing menu.

We weren't particularly hungry, so we just got a few appetizers to share. We got a Goddess Salad, Caprese Salad, Pork Belly with Crispy Brussel Sprouts and Fish and Chips... ok maybe we ordered a little too much for not being hungry :)






Goddess Salad



Pork Belly with Crispy Brussels Sprouts


Caprese Salad



Fish and Chips



The Goddess Salad is my absolute favorite out of the 4. This is my second time ordering the salad and I love it! The corn, bacon, cranberries and goat cheese is the perfect combination of sweet, salty and creamy. The light dressing pulls it all together and makes this a great starter.

For those of you who know me, you know I absolutely hate salad. So for me to order this on two different occasions is really saying something!

The Caprese salad was different as it was a little warm. It had a lot of balsamic vinegar which was a little bit overpowering. 

The Pork Belly dish was also OK. The pork belly itself was dried and not very tender but the brussels sprouts were roasted to perfection! The dish overall was a bit salty, but I'd still eat it again, just for the sake of the brussels sprouts! (Eric hates brussels sprouts and even found it to be delicious)

I did not like the Fish and Chips. A little overpriced for what we got, the fish was cooked well but there was no flavor. The pieces of fish were perfectly crispy, but the lack of flavor was very off putting and the chips itself were lackluster. I would skip this one.

Ocean 60 has great live music, but wouldn't be a place for you to relax and enjoy your company (or at least not in the martini bar room). The lively atmosphere was fun and the ambiance is great. 

I would return to Ocean 60 again, but I am hoping to visit other restaurants on the beach and find something even better!


Price:$$
Food:A-
Ambiance: B+
Service: B


No comments:

Post a Comment