Monday, April 1, 2013

After all, we all can't live in New York!

So far so good. I've been in Jacksonville for 2 months now and I've been getting used to the neighborhoods and culture down in the South!

I still miss the good food a big city like New York can offer, but I haven't been too disappointed with what I have seen so far. After all, we all can't live in New York!

I met up with a new friend who is also a big foodie and she took me to Orsay- a cute little french bistro!

We went for brunch and I was very excited about all the delicious items on the menu! With such variety, I was very torn. I really wanted to get the Troie Foie Mousse, but after realizing that it didn't suffice as a full brunch meal, I resolved to go with the Duck Confit Hash instead. Don't worry, I'll get the Foie Mousse next time!



Duck Confit Hash

Quiche Du Jour


What a great brunch! Not only is it one of my favorite meals of the day, the food was fresh, organic and locally grown- how can it get better!

The Duck Confit Hash wasn't what I had expected it to be. I was thinking more of a traditional corned beef-like hash (think Pamela's in Pittsburgh) but really, it was huge chunks of delicious confit duck with two fresh eggs on top. 

I really liked the flavors of the dish but I did find the duck to be a bit tough. The side tabasco rouge sauce was great as it helped tie the dish together, but without it, I really ate each component separately, which really didn't feel right. 

Never the less, I had a great time. The bread before hand was amazing and the food was still very delicious. I am eyeing other parts of the menu and I hope to return for dinner or lunch next time. The service was attentive (and although the restaurant started to get busy, they never rushed us) and the ambiance was wonderful- it had a great rustic feel. I definitely will come back again and I can't wait to try more!

It was great having brunch with a new foodie friend, and I can't wait to explore more options together!

Next stop- who knows, but you can sure bet it's going to be good!


Food:B+
Ambiance: A-
Service: A
Price: $$


1 comment:

  1. Definitely check out the dinner menu sometime and try the Kumamoto oysters!

    ReplyDelete