Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It should have been New York City quality

Upon moving to JAX, my obvious first question I had for locals here was "where should i go eat". I've gotten a lot of responses, but it seems like Salt Life and Mellow Mushroom was a big winner with many. I knew I needed to try both!

I was really excited to go to lunch with Mr. Andryc, and when he suggested Mellow Mushroom, I got even more excited! I've been craving some good pizza for the longest time, and I couldn't wait to try the place out.

The pizza menu was pretty interesting, and after careful thought, I chose the Bayou Bleu, a spicy bleu cheese pizza with shrimp and andouille sausage- how interesting!

Before I ordered, I of course had to make a snide remark about how I'm from NY (aka, I know pizza). I had to make sure that my pizza came out at its best because... well.. I'll be judging. 




Hmmmmmmm pretty interesting pizza. Definitely not your traditional pie (not that I was expecting it to be). The shrimp on the pizza were pretty big and the overall flavor was great! The garlic parmesan crust was perfectly crunchy while the blue cheese base added a good overall kick. 

I took the leftover to my aunt and uncle who ended up loving the pizza. I guess if it gets their approval, it gets mine. 

To be honest, it wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be, but then again, I am a bit picky. Nice try Mellow Mushroom, I may or may not be back.

Not bad pizza, but for the New York City price, it should have been New York City quality. 

Either way, I had a great first lunch with Alan- let's keep them coming!


Price:$$
Ambiance: B
Service: B
Food: B-

1 comment:

  1. Good thing Alan didn't take you to his favorite restaurant here: Jax Ale House. lol, you should ask him about it. He loves it; I think it's terrible.

    ReplyDelete